Can you make learning finance fun, practical and impactful?
FTA is Australia’s leading independent financial training organisation. We help leaders and managers find their financial voice. In doing so, we allow them to better guide their teams towards smarter commercial decisions. These decisions improve the profitability of the organisations they serve.
We believe that financial knowledge can, and should, be accessible to everyone. We understand though, that sometimes the stumbling block is how that knowledge is passed between individuals with very different skill sets.
We build programs that work by breaking down traditional barriers to finance and financial literacy, making sure our training is collaborative and that everything we teach is practical and applicable. Courses are brought to life through gamification and proven cognitive thinking approaches.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking Finance Trainers to join our Training Delivery team on an associate basis. In particular:
- You enjoy your freedom, want work/life balance or have other commitments so prefer to work part-time only
- You have expertise in business finance and management accounting principles
- You’re great at making the complex appear simple
- You have the ability to make learning fun, interactive, light-hearted and collaborative
What do you need to demonstrate?
- Tertiary education/professional qualification in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Post-graduate qualifications in business management such as an MBA is advantageous if not professionally qualified
- A minimum of 5 year’s proven experience as a trainer or facilitator
- Instructional design experience and training delivery experience to managers in the corporate sector is advantageous
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong financial knowledge and understanding of financial reports and financial management
- An understanding of the difference between facilitation and presentation – favouring the former
- Demonstrated expertise in the online facilitation tools (mainly Zoom) to run virtual workshops
- Skilled in the use of MS PowerPoint and design of visual aids
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts in an easy-to-understand format
- Possess clear and engaging conversational skills to keep participants’ motivation levels high throughout the training session
- Ability to ask the “right questions” that enable participants to understand the more complex aspects of the workshop
- Ability to use humour to make the training fun and enjoyable
- Excellent organisational skills to communicate expectations for each activity, keep groups focused on the task at hand, and conclude each task fully
Behaviours & Work Ethic
- Empathy and understanding as well as the ability to listen to different perspectives and encourage healthy debate
- Authenticity to build trust with the group
- Assertiveness and confidence to keep the group focused, the conversation on topic and the activities within the allotted time frame,
- Willingness to adapt, be flexible, and improvise as the situation requires it
- Demonstrates unwavering positivity
- Is open to receiving feedback as well as providing feedback
- Always looking out for a better way of doing things
- Takes pride in providing quality support and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work to deadlines and meeting commitments
If you fit the description above, share our passion for demystifying finance and most importantly, want to make a difference…then what are you waiting for?
Make it happen and apply now!!