HR & L&D Staff Only
Attention HR and L&D Professionals…
Do NOT Book Another “Boring” Finance Training for Your Staff Until You Read This… HR and L&D Professionals… One of the major challenges facing many companies, maybe even yours, is a lack of financial literacy amongst your staff.
It’s not their fault, they didn’t join your organisation because they are interested in finance or economics. Their abilities and talents lie elsewhere yet in today’s increasingly complex and profit-driven world a higher degree degree of financial literacy is required from all your staff.
For example, how many of your current staff would ”pass” this quiz?
• What is a balance sheet?
• Why is it important to understand cash flow?
• What is equity and gearing and why are they so crucial to a business looking for financial aid and loans?
• What are EBIT and EBITDA and why do so many businesses focus on one of these?
• How could you increase revenue without having to invest any more to do it?
So how do you think they would go?
Would 75% pass? 50%? Maybe about 30%?If yours is like most companies, the answer is closer to 30% than 90%.
More financial awareness within an organization allows for financial conversations; conversations lead to collaboration and collaboration leads to innovation and greater profitability.
There really is only one solution: train them to be financially literate. It seems rather straighforward, doesn’t it? Your staff and your organisation need ”financial intelligence” to perform their roles better. Why then do you hesitate when you see the words ”Finance” and ”Training” together?
Probably because you are sick of:
• Training that does NOT deliver?
• Training that does NOT bring about actual behavioural change?
• Your staff NOT engaging fully in training you organise?
• Your staff, worse, NOT even turning up to training you organise?
• Time to do something about it, invest in the RIGHT finance training for your staff.
You know, if you are to meet your targets and facilitate positive change, a different approach to the one you, and more importantly your staff, are used to is required.
You require training that is
• Targeted to a specific group, not an ”off the shelf, one size fits all” course
• Far removed from the traditional lecture-style where as little as 5% of what is communicated is retained (try justifying THAT to the GM!!)
• Offers tangible, real-world scenarios so your staff ”do and understand” and retain up to 90% of what is taught so they can walk into work the next day with an in-depth understanding of the financial “rules of the game” under which your company operates.
Conversation, Collaboration, Innovation FUNdamentals of Finance programs are focused on getting everyone involved so that more financially-based conversations take place, producing better results for you and your organisation.
Here’s why FUNdamentals of Finance is regarded as Australia’s premier Finance Training:
- User friendly – it simplifies finance
- People ENJOY it
- Highly participative and interactive
- Targeted at all levels of staff from Senior Management to Shop Floor
- Flexibility to deliver a variety of financial messages including key ratios or KPIs
- Potential to tailor to specific businesses, industries or sectors
- The training approach – your staff work in teams, meaning they are more relaxed and feel less vulnerable to the potential of being shown up for their lack of knowledge (As you know professionals can get to quite senior levels in business and still not understand this topic so they may fear that this lack of skills may be exposed).
- The course starts with personal finance – a topic to which everyone can relate and the transition is then made to business finance. The initial topic builds confidence and again relaxes the participants. Once they realise they understand personal finance they then find business finance is not that different and that they can understand it.
- A picture tells a1000 words- the use of colourful graphics simplifies and makes the financial messages far more impactful. It also facilitates the learning for right brained people.
- High quality materials
- Use of materials and equipment mean that it is tangible and hands on – experiential learning, not traditional, lecture style many see as “boring”
What are you waiting for? Contact Us today....